Monday, June 29, 2009

Hawaii...Dia Quattro!


Dia quattro of our Hawaiian adventure was all about Loren. This was his day and the day he was looking forward to the most. As you can tell by the picture.....some of the Nielsen clan went golfing. This was Lorens highlight! He was looking forward to golfing in Hawaii for over a year! If your a golf lover....Hawaii is a beautiful place to golf...an expensive one....but worth every penny... right Loren? I made him take the camera so that he could get some good pictures in of his favorite day. I absolutely love the picture above. It is my all time favorite picture of Loren. Blaine...you did awesome on this one. I owe you one! As you can tell....Loren said the course was like a jungle...a well trimmed jungle I guess. He said it was sooo green and beautiful. The course was big and at times you had to take quite the ride to get to the next hole. If you happen to hit your ball into the vegetation...there was no way to recover it. That ball would be lost forever. I think they all went through quite a bit of balls that day. Too bad I wasn't a golfer or I would've gone. That is something I would like to get better at but I just cant find the time. I usually stay home and watch the kids while he goes golfing with his brother or his Dad. I don't mind that at all and I think he likes having that time away. I think its good for them to be together.

Loren and his brother Alan. We love Alan...he is such a easy going, fun loving guy!

Can you see how you could lose some serious balls playing here?



Now...Im sure all of you are wondering what I did while Loren was golfing right? Well...I did one of my favorite things and that was.... I hung out at the beach. Marianne, Jim, Melissa and Ben went out on some kayaks while Jen and I sat on the beach and chatted. That is another favorite hobby of mine...chatting. Something I love to do and am quite good at:) I love chatting with Jen...we could talk for hours. When we trained for the marathon together and would run our big miles we would just talk the whole time. It sure helped the time fly by and we really got to know eachother better. So...Im glad Jen was there with me. We had a nice time relaxing without the stress of kids and it was really, really nice. Thanks for a perfect morning Jen!

After everyone got back from golfing, we decided to head to Sharks Cove to do some snorkeling. I was excited about this but a little nervous...especially because of my earlier freak out moment in the murky water AND because of the name of this place. WHY did they have to name it this? I mean really! It must have that name for a reason...right? Well....after many prayers.....boy did I say a lot of prayers while in Hawaii....I got in. It was rocky and slippery but once you got in it was GORGEOUS! I couldn't believe how clear and beautiful this place was! I saw sooo many fish and we even swam with a huge sea turtle. It was AMAZING! I saw a needle fish which was cool.... but it scared me at first because it looked like a snake. Occasionally, I would let out a muffled scream through my snorkeling tube and people eventually got use to it and knew that it was just me and that it was no big deal.



Sharks Cove at Sunset

If you go to Hawaii....you've got to snorkel here. It was definitely my favorite snorkeling spot of the whole trip!

Stay tuned for day five!

1 comments:

Heather Marie said...

That sunset looks heavenly!