Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hawaii......the last few days!


Gosh...this has taken me forever to finish! Ive been a slacker lately. It has been really busy around here and my back has been KILLING me! The last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer.....so here I am standing up blogging away.

Anyways ...onto the last few days in Hawaii. The last few days of any trip are a bummer. Reality sets in and time seems to fly by. By this time...we were missing our kids and wanted to see them ,but we didnt want to go back home into the real world. I really hate comimg home from a trip. We flew through the night and that made coming home even worse. You cant sleep and its miserable. I was finally glad to be home when we arrived!

Monday was a fantastic day! This was the day we all went to swim with the dolphins. Now...we didnt end up swimming with them because they werent in there resting mode but we still had fun. This was the activity that I always wanted to do but was too afraid of doing. I had been trying to find the courage for a long time and finally decided that I would conquer my fear of the ocean in Hawaii. Im glad that I had sometime during the week to snorkel and start feeling more secure in the water. It really helped a ton. By this time ..I was feeling good.

The tour guides ended up taking us snorkeling in some deeper water. Probably about 30feet. I jumped into the water and just stayed close to the bioligist. Believe it or not...I liked being in deeper water rather than shallow. I wasnt as close to the coral and fish, so It didnt scare me as much. I was really proud of myself. The coral and fish were beautiful and we had a blast. We did get to see the dolphins pretty closely and they entertained us for quite a while. I dont know what it is about dolphins...but I LOVE them! I have always been very intrigued by them.

Now...These people are quite intriging themselves! Heres all the girls(and boys) doing some poses.









While we were doing our dolphin adventure...most of the guys went deep sea fishing. They brought back some yummy fish and we ate some of it raw. Alan made us some sushimi made with Ono.

On Tuesday before we headed to the airport Loren went golfing and so a small group of us we wanted to go see Turtle Beach. I was so excited to see this huge sea turtle basking in the sun!


After the beach we went to the Dole Plantation and then headed to the airport. My camera had a dead battery so I didnt get any pictures. It was fun and Loren and I really enjoyed there pineapple ice cream. We said goodbye to Hawaii and were sad to leave(minus the humidity) Loren and I would like to go back but next time we would like to go see the other islands. Thank you Mom and Dad for such a memorable trip!

3 comments:

Em said...

It was fun.....BTW I love your new family picture! You are a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!

Danielle said...

I loved reading about your trip. It looks like you had so much fun! And the pictures are amazing! Thank you for all the great ideas. I'm so excited to go! October can't come fast enough!