Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bribery=MIRACLES!

So here at the Nielsen home there has been some serious bribery going on. I decided on Tuesday morning that I have had enough of changing two bums all day long. Rowan turned three in December, he is a big boy now, and it is TIME! I have tried twice before to potty train this kid and he just cried and cried and whined and whined every time I sat him on the potty, so I stopped. I decided this time however, that I didn't care if he cried...this was it...and I wasn't going to let that stop my efforts. So Tuesday morning we headed off to good old Dollar Tree( weve got to support Lorens job) to buy lots of treats and toys. I let Rowan pick out whatever he wanted and told him he could have one, every time he went potty. He had to actually GO potty and not just sit on the potty. This created some serious excitement and so he decided to try. I just about died when he actually went! It was a MIRACLE on Top View Rd! I was a little sceptical if he would do it again, but every time I put him on the toto he went. This is now his third day and he is doing great. He hasn't pooped on the potty yet. He pooped in his pull up once yesterday but we will work on it today. If he does this, he gets a new Lightning McQueen scooter that I promised he could ride every time he goes poop. So that's what we will do. He will get 10 minutes on the scooter each time he goes poopie. I think this just might work! Hurray! Miracles do happen!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Here is a pic of all the bribery


Speaking of big boys. Rowan started his first sports lesson on Wed. I signed him up for preschool Hockey. He absolutely loved it! He was the youngest one there, so he required a bit more attention from the teacher. He didnt quite get all the directions they were sending his way, but his skills with the stick and the ball were awesome! He didnt understand the concept of lining up or going to the back of the line but we will work on that. Next month he will do T-ball. Every month they teach a new sport. This will be so good for Rowan. He is one giant sports lover and is in his element when hes playing.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Good for you!!! Yeah, I remember it took a bit longer for the poop on the potty, but eventually he got that down too. Alex was 3 when he was completely potty trained too. I hear girls are quicker (not that I would know) so maybe better luck with Lia

Maxfields said...

Keep up the good work! I am impressed and don't look forward to the potty training of Xander. I am sure that the bribery will work, yea!!
Good luck!

Angie

Phil and Karen said...

Best of luck to you with the potty training. We used bribery for Gavin and it works. Love the pics of preschool sports. That sounds like an awesome program. We'll get in touch about getting together. PROMISE!

Em said...

One day you can use that video as bribery! He won't want that getting out! Go Rowie!